If you’ve read my articles on Associated Content then you’ll know that I like making lists. Today I’m going to make another list, a list of my favorite things. You might be asking, “favorite what?” Favorite everything. These are just the 10 things I’m loving right now. It could be a person, it could be a game, a movie, a food, an idea, a math equation, a quote. it can be anything. So here it goes…
1. Mike Pelfrey – Like always the media has blown the New York Mets problems way out of proportion. Even though Pedro Martinez and El Duque are both injured I have no problem with that because Johan Santana, John Maine and Oliver Perez is still a great top three. But Mike Pelfrey, one of the Mets best prospects for a few years now, has made things even easier by starting the season 2 – 0 with a 1.50 ERA. Imagine at some point if Pedro and El Duque are healthy. The New York Mets will have SIX starting pitchers. As I said, their pitching “problems” have been blown way out of proportion.
2. My pink iPod – I got my pink iPod and I’m enjoying it so far. It fits about 50 songs and some of my daily audio bible readings, which is plenty for my 1 – 2 hour exercise routine. It fits in my hand and is easy to carry. I have had the battery die a couple of times but since it runs on a AAA battery and not its own battery on the inside, I can just carry an extra battery with me.
3. NHL Playoffs – My sister is always talking about the NHL so I’ve really gotten into this year and have been keeping up with what’s going on. All of this despite the fact that I haven’t seen a single playoff game yet because there are no hockey games airing in Alabama. Just imagine how much I’d like the NHL if I could actually watch the games.
4. MK vs. DC – In case you don’t keep up with the video game world it was announced today that the newest Mortal Kombat game will be a Mortal Kombat vs. DC Comics game. This is the most excited I’ve ever been about a fighting game. It better have Flash and Green Lantern, and I don’t mean John Stewart. So far the only characters announced are Scorpion and Sub Zero from Mortal Kombat and Batman and Superman from DC Comics.
5. Woot.com – I love Woot.com. If you’re not familiar with Woot.com it is a website that sells electronics and gadgets like cell phones, computers, mp3 players, etc. They only sell one item a day though, but it’s usually a very good product for a very good price. A few days ago they sold a very nice computer for $649.99. The deals are so good that If I actually had a regular well paying job that I’d probably buy their item just about every day.
6. Doctor Who – I’ve really gotten into the television show Doctor Who lately. Unfortunately I’m skeptical about Season 3 and Season 4 (I’ve only seen 1 and 2) because I like Christopher Eccleston better than David Tennant (although I do like David) and Billie Piper was way better than Freema Agyeman. It’s disconcerting that each season the cast has gotten worse.
7. YouTube Video – I love YouTube and my favorite video is constantly changing right now it has to be a movie trailer for one of those crazy Japanese movies. This movie is about a one armed boxer and his evil nemesis. This nemesis has a hat that he can throw at people and it lands on their head and goes down over their head. Suddenly spikes come out of the hat and chop the victim’s head off. This evil man is a serial killer knocking off one armed men for some reason until he comes face to face with the one armed boxer. Enjoy this trailer of The One Armed Boxer and the Master of the Flying Guillotine!
8. Bossaball – I wish I could find people to play bossaball with. Bossball is a sport invented in Belgium that combines volleyball, soccer and a trampoline. Basically there is a volleyball court but in the middle/front position of the court there is a trampoline so that the spiker can jump and get extra height. Bossball players are also allowed to kick the ball. To really get the full jist of it you must watch this video.
9. Mass Effect – I just played Mass Effect for the first time and enjoyed it. It probably doesn’t hurt that I played it on my friends HDTV, which unfortunately I don’t have. It should still be fun on my regular television though.
10. French Toast Bagels from Panera – Mmmmm.